Rediff create Portfolio button click doesnt work on Firefox | Selenium Forum
D
Dinkesh Shah Posted on 28/11/2018
Hi,

I am module 24 Hybrid Framework. 

As mentioned in the tutorial, my framework is ready and working fine. The main problem arises on the Rediff exercise.

When trying to create Portfolio on Firefox by clicking on Create button, the input pop up box doesn't open up. It works perfectly on Chrome. 

I then ran the Portfolio Test created on Module 17th and that too worked on Firefox as well as Chrome. Using the same approach I added click and wait for element function to wait for the Portfolio Name field on the pop up but that also didn't work for the Framework though it worked when we do the test separately.

I have attached the Framework sheet, Framework Workspace zip and individual Portfolio class.

Regards,
Dinkesh

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 28/11/2018

Keep some delay before that click

D
Dinkesh Shah Replied on 08/12/2018

Thanks. I used the custom wait function and it did work.

But I wonder how come waitForPageToLoad() and clickAndWait() function didn't work on Firefox and worked on Chrome. I tried printing every step inside the clickAndWait function. On chrome it printed everystep but it didn't print anything on Firefox. It seems like it didn't even move inside the function after clicking on the create button.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 09/12/2018

You can debug
Thats the best way out

D
Dinkesh Shah Replied on 09/12/2018

Debug also worked for me. From what I can understand is that when the selenium do the click event, something stops on the website stops processing as the ads won't even load. Due to this the entry field doesn't appear. If I keep some wait the ads load properly without any issue and everything works fine.

Anyway how to close this query?

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 11/12/2018

You can use explicit wait
OR
Use thread.sleep
Or
keep on clicking in a loop till the time you find visiblity of certain element

D
Dinkesh Shah Replied on 11/12/2018

Thread.sleep worked but the third option didn't work. That's what I mentioned in my previous replies that clickAndWait was not working.

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 11/12/2018

Ok
may be you need to add more wait

D
Dinkesh Shah Replied on 14/12/2018

Yes, that works.