Module23 Part78 - Issue in Running Tests using Dataxlsx | Selenium Forum
S
Sanjiv kumar Singh Posted on 05/04/2019

Hi Ashihsh,

I have followed the video step-by-step.

I am unable to run the DummyTestB.java 2 times as per the data in with Data.xlsx

Data.xlsx is not read for the run itself and the test completes successfully.

The xls column data are not printed in console as per the code in Dataprovider

In your video, the Xls_Reader.java is not shown anywhere in the src/test/java pkg but your test runs properly in the video.

However, i have put it in src/test/java pkg and even then i am unable to run the tests using Data.xlsx with 2 iterations of DummyTestB

Also, i am getting below errors while running tests:

Attaching the project zip file for your reference.

Please assist as i am unable to proceed further and stuck due to the above issues.

Thanks!

S
Sanjiv kumar Singh Replied on 05/04/2019

Hi Ashish Sir,

I was able to resolve the 1st 2 issues in 1st 2 screenshots.

Resolved - I am unable to run the DummyTestB.java 2 times as per the data in with Data.xlsx

Resolved -Data.xlsx is not read for the run itself and the test completes successfully.

Resolved -The xls column data are not printed in console as per the code in Dataprovider

Remaining issues below still persists:

1. In your video, the Xls_Reader.java is not shown anywhere in the src/test/java pkg but your test runs properly in the video. However, i have put it in src/test/java pkg and even then i am unable to run the tests using Data.xlsx with 2 iterations of DummyTestB

Please let me know where have you placed the Xls_Reader.java in the project for DataDriven_Core_Framework framework.

I checked the last month's downloaded code, there is no Framework with the name "DataDriven_Core_Framework" as mentioned in the Module 23 videos.

Request you to share the code for this specific framework also.

Responsive image

2. Also, i am getting below errors while running tests:

Responsive image

Responsive image

A
Ashish Thakur Replied on 09/04/2019

XLS_Reader.java file need to be inside util package under src/main/java

Additionally, your project is missing the libraries,

Go to project directory and run the below commands again.

mvn compile

mvn eclipse:eclipse